St Margaret's has a long proud history of sport with participation in sporting competition, health and physical education long playing an important role in delivering the holistic education for which St Margaret's is so well known and regarded.
All students from Years 2 to 12 are encouraged to participate in a wide variety of sports across several competitions and associations throughout the year including:
- Andrews Cup
- Queensland Girls Secondary Schools Sports Association (QGSSSA)
- Brisbane Schoolgirls' Rowing Association (BRSA)
- Brisbane Water Polo Association Inc (BWPI)
- Downey Park Netball Association (DPNA)
St Margaret's was a founding member of the QGSSSA in 1908. Today, QGSSSA sports on offer at St Margaret's include:
- Cross Country
- Football (soccer)
- Gymnastics (artistic and rhythmic)
- Touch Football
- Water Polo
St Margaret's has a state-of-the-art new sports precinct (opened in 2020) on site at its Ascot Campus which features a water polo sized heated swimming pool with nine lanes of 25 metres and two 50m lanes, a gymnasium and outdoor courts. Read more about the Sports Precinct.