St Margaret’s offers an extensive Band Program to students. The bands perform at a wide variety of events including Open Day, Classics in the Cathedral, competitions, tours and community events. They rehearse once a week (as per published Music Ensemble Timetable) and perform a wide variety of repertoire.
• Highly Strung (Primary Rock Band)
• Rock Band (Secondary students)
• Jackson Wind Ensemble (For beginner to intermediate level students)
• Sister Helen Wind Symphony (For advanced level students)
• Stage Band (Secondary students)
• Chaseley Concert Band
A number of other ensembles are available to students. These include:
• Brass Ensemble
• Flute Ensemble
• Clarinet Ensemble
• Saxophone Ensemble
• Elayne Jones Percussion Ensemble
As part of the Primary Music Program, all Year 5 students have the opportunity to participate in a group Band lesson. Students are allocated an instrument at the beginning of Year 5.