St Margaret’s offers an extensive Band Program to students. The bands perform at a wide variety of events including Open Day, Bands Concert, Classics in the Cathedral, competitions, tours and community events. They rehearse once a week (as per published Music Ensemble Timetable) and perform a wide variety of repertoire.
• Highly Strung (Primary Rock Band)
• Rock Band (Secondary students)
• Wind Ensemble (For beginner to intermediate level students)
• Wind Symphony (For advanced level students)
• Jazz Ensemble
• Chaseley Concert Band
• Stage Band (Secondary students)
A number of other smaller ensembles are available to students. These include:
• Flute Ensemble
• Clarinet Ensemble
• Saxophone Ensemble
• Percussion Ensembles
As part of the Primary Music Program, all Year 5 students have the opportunity to participate in a group Band lesson. Students are allocated an instrument at the beginning of Year 5.