St Margaret’s Anglican Girls School, named 2021 Employer of Choice by The Educator, is committed to providing quality educational opportunities for girls (Pre-Prep to Year 12) within the context of the Anglican Schools Ethos. This extends to providing care for students in Years 5 to 12 who live away from home to pursue their education.
St Margaret's directly employs staff across a number of areas to bring this first class education to its students including:
- teaching staff
- boarding house staff
- sports coaches and music tutors
- professional staff
- administration staff
- catering staff
- facilities and grounds staff
St Margaret’s invites applications from suitably qualified, highly committed and innovative persons in these fields.
View Current Vacancies
Discover the Difference of Working at St Margaret's
Benefits employees at St Margaret’s Anglican Girls School enjoy include:
- Competitive salary structure for teaching and support staff
- Access to employer superannuation contributions when voluntary contributions are made
- Ability to cash out long service leave pro-rata after seven years
- Staff Award Scheme
- 12 weeks of paid maternity Leave
- Staff discount on fees for daughter/s attending St Margaret’s (for those on a 12 month contract or more)
- Financial incentive for relevant Masters study
- One study day each semester for relevant Masters study
- 38 weeks of term time for a school year
- Access to relevant and interesting professional learning opportunities
- Opportunity to take on additional responsibilities for experience and shadowing
- First aid training offered annually
- Avenues to have excellence in teaching recognised with accomplished teacher and exemplary teacher structure
- Structured annual review process
- Voluntary access to the flu immunisation annually
- Access to counselling services
The St Margaret's Way
There's a way in which we strive to do things at St Margaret's; a way in which we seek to treat people throughout our community; and a way in which we aim to serve others. Underpinned by our school values, St Margaret's has developed a document which expresses the St Margaret's Way. Learn more about the St Margaret's Way (PDF 62.6KB).
Enquiries in relation to employment
St Margaret’s Anglican Girls School genuinely appreciates the time and effort all candidates put into their applications. While we understand it is disappointing when an application is not successful, it is the school’s policy not to provide individual candidate feedback.
St Margaret’s supports the rights of children and young people and is committed to the safety, welfare and wellbeing of students and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All candidates are required to undergo a screening process prior to appointment and successful candidate must comply with school policies and relevant legislation relating to student protection.
To be considered for an academic position at St Margaret’s, applicants must be currently registered or be eligible for Teacher Registration with Queensland College of Teachers.
It is a condition of employment that successful applicants must possess a positive notice blue card for child-related employment in accordance with the Working with children (risk management and screening) Act 2000 and school policies.
On 31 August 2020, the Queensland Government made changes to the blue card system which included the introduction of “No Card, No Start” laws. All successful candidates requiring a blue card must have a valid blue card prior to commencing employment at St Margaret’s. Candidates are advised to apply for a blue card to ensure they are job-ready. Successful candidates will be required to link their blue card to St Margaret’s. To apply for a blue card or for further information, please visit the blue card website www.qld.gov.au/bluecard To contact St Margaret’s Human Resources Department, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Employment Collection Notice (PDF 129.5KB)