2018: Just a few places remaining for our excellent five-day Pre-Prep Program. With before and after school care, as well as vacation care, we've got your early learning covered. Call Elizabeth Hook today on (07) 3862 0838. You'll love our spacious Advent Centre, plus we access the big school facilities as well!
St Margaret’s Pre-Prep is a co-educational one unit program offering a safe, secure and stimulating learning environment for girls and boys turning 4 by June 30th of the year of enrolment. Pre-Prep students are engaged and extended through problem solving, exploring, creating and hypothesising - with each child viewed as a rich and competent constructor of knowledge. Our program promotes the school’s six core values: respect, courage, integrity, faith, passion, and spirit.
St Margaret’s Pre-Prep operates in the Advent Centre which offers:
- a sand and mud pit for little adventurers
- organic gardens for little green thumbs
- natural play area for little outdoor explorers
- colourful play equipment for little climbers
- consistent teacher and teacher aide for little learners
- air-conditioned building and fridge for packed lunches.
St Margaret's operates a five-day Pre-Prep program, from 8.20am to 2.30pm, during school term. Before and after school care and vacation care is also available. Further information is available on our website here.
The Pre-Prep curriculum is based on Belonging, Being and Becoming: The Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) which is a national document and the Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guideline (QKLG) which was developed to support this national document.
EYLF describes the principles, practice and outcomes essential to support and enhance young children’s learning from birth to five years of age, as well as their transition to school. The EYLF has a strong emphasis on play-based learning and recognises the importance of communication and language (including early literacy and numeracy), and social and emotional development.
The QKLG identifies learning and development areas which are used in programming and planning. These are underpinned by the elements of thinking and communicating:
- Identity – building a confident self-identity through independence, perseverance and trust.
- Connectedness – building relationships respecting diversity and environments
- Wellbeing – building a sense of physical, social and emotional wellbeing
Active Learning – engaging and exploring learning
- Communicating – exploring and engaging in numeracy and literacy in personally meaningful ways.
Children have the opportunities to learn within each of the five contexts in both indoor and outdoor environments. Longer blocks of time for engaging and active learning through play, real-life situations and investigations are interspersed within meaningful routines and transitions and focused learning and teaching.
Pre-Prep provides students with the opportunity to partake in specialist lessons which may include: music, HPE, library and modern languages.
2017 Kindergarten Fees (PDF 324.7KB)