The Arts and Design Faculty aims to foster individual creativity, skill and capacity by offering diverse and rewarding courses across numerous subjects. Learning in Arts and Design is an active process, challenging and involving students in making, performing and thinking through multiple contexts.
Through Arts and Design, students learn to be:
- active learners through engaging in a variety of skills and techniques
- intellectual, reflective and critical inquirers
- effective communicators, complex thinkers and creative problem solvers.
To develop these dispositions and skills students will:
- develop skills and abilities to use processes that contribute to their physical, cognitive, emotional, cultural, and social development
- use multiple intelligences to transform vision into art
- engage in a variety of theoretical and practical components.
Subjects in the Arts and Design Faculty include:
- Junior Drama (Years 7 – 10)
- Senior Drama (Years 11 & 12)
- Junior Food and Design (Years 9 & 10)
- Design (Years 11 & 12)
- Junior Music (Years 7 – 10)
- Senior Music (Years 11 & 12)
- Junior Visual Art (Years 7-10)
- Senior Visual Art (Years 11 & 12)