The Archive Centre is a vital part of the unique identity and cultural heritage of St Margaret’s. It provides a permanent home for a valuable and growing collection of historical records and memorabilia which reflect the traditions and history of the school. These items are preserved and maintained for the benefit of all the school community and for future generations of St Margaret’s students.
The collection includes materials in various formats such as:
- Written records – enrolment registers, published histories, unpublished theses, programs, prospectuses
- Images – photographs, sketches, plans, art work
- Periodicals - Newsletters, Margazettes, Speech Night reports, The Link, Flyer magazines
- Textiles – uniforms, pennants, flags, banners
- Video and audiotapes
- Newspaper articles
- Regalia – badges, crockery, trophies, book prizes, student work
- Digital records – photographs, documents, presentations
Donations of items for the Archives are warmly welcomed. Old Girls and their families contribute generously to the collection by donating photographs, uniforms, prizes, badges, reports and magazines.
The Archive Centre is located in the historic Darnell music building and is staffed Tuesday – Thursday during term time. Enquiries and visitors are most welcome. Contact the School Archivist, Bronwyn Perry, to make an appointment.
Telephone: 07 3862 0816