St Margaret's thanks the valued support of our 2018 MAYO Arts Festival Sponsors
Luxury Private Charters & Exclusive Tour Agent
About the Festival
Enjoy a family-friendly art-themed festival with a range of free and ticketed activities, rides, workshops and entertainment for all ages. This year's event theme is "kaleidoscope".
Wandering the festival, you can participate in workshops which will give you the chance to release your inner creative and learn new techniques from a range of skilled artists and community members.
Browse the lineup of artisan market stalls offering a range of wares including handcrafted gifts, artworks and unique homewares or enjoy a coffee, wine and delicious eats from one of the many food stalls whilst soaking up the atmosphere with live musical and theatrical performances.
Children can enjoy the ticketed carnival rides including giant chairs, a giant slide, cup and saucer ride, jumping castle and rockwall.
Entry to the festival is free.
Download the festival program here. (PDF 1.2MB)
There will be many opportunities for young and old to unleash their creative side at this year’s MAYO Arts Festival. A range of come and try workshops will run throughout the day such as:
- Decorate a Vanilla Pod Cupcake. (12pm - 4:30pm). $5 per cupcake. Location: Barley Sugar Garden
- Island Dance Workshop. A workshop which embodies the spirit of the islands, taking you through a magical voyage in time, places, and legends and leaving you with a Polynesian wanderlust. (2:00pm - workshop runs for approximately 40 minutes). Gold coin donation. Location: Independent Learning Centre.
- Bracelet Making. Use beads of all colours, shapes and sizes to design and make your very own bracelet. (12pm - 4:30pm). $5 per bracelet
- Make a Crystal Suncatcher. During these session times (Session 1: 11:30am - 12:00pm, Session 2 12:30pm - 1:00pm, Session 3 4:00pm - 4:30pm). $15pp. Location: Barley Sugar Garden.
- Make a Kaleidoscope. Learn how to make a kaleidoscope in this fun workshop. This workshop is free and suitable for all ages. Parental supervision will be required for younger ages. (10am - 11:30am). Location: Piazza.
Pre booked workshops:
- Terrarium Log Making. Create and take home a gorgeous, unique Terrarium Log masterpiece. All materials, accessories and plants supplied. (session 1: 12pm, Session 2: 1:15pm, Session 3: 3:30pm). To book, visit Flexischools. Come and try on the day unless sold out prior.
- Ear Candy. Create your own unique earrings using supplied materials including coloured acrylic shapes and tassels. Choose from making medium earrings for $20 or large for $25. Suitable for 9 years and up. (Session 1: 10am, Session 2: 10:30am, Session 3: 11am). Come and try on the day unless sold out prior. To book, visit Flexischools..
More workshop information here. (PDF 1.6MB)
Food and Drink
Some of Brisbane’s most popular food trucks and vendors will lineup to serve delicious sweet and savoury fare at this year’s MAYO including:
- Queen of Pops – specialty coffee and ice cream pops
- Bruce the Food Truck – delicious injectable donuts, cronuts and organic coffee
- Roam’in Pizza – wood fired pizzas
- Sate House – steamed yum cha
- Dippin Dots – ice cream
- Captain Gozzy - turkish gozleme
- Evelyn's Street Food
- Iced Tea Co. – refreshing iced teas
- Wicked Wafflez – delectable waffles
- Chokola’j – chocolate and dessert atelier
- Stone & Wood pop-up bar – craft beer
There will also be our very own stalls selling popcorn, chocolates, lollies, scumptious cakes and:
- the Music Support Group bar
- Soft drinks and water - Boarder Support Group
- Strawberries and Ice cream - Tennis Support Group
- M’s Café serving coffee
- Smoked Brisket Rolls
- Breakfast BBQ (9:30am - 12pm) - Swimming Support Group
Tapas on the Terraces
Plan ahead for a relaxing end to what promises to be a great day out. From 3pm you can enjoy Tapas on the Terraces - new to the festival this year. Book a delicious share platter suitable for two people for just $40.
More information here. (PDF 1.1MB)
Purchase through Flexischools here.
Artisan Market Stalls
Browse the artisan market stalls located in Eton Hall and around the Circular Drive precinct offering a range of handcrafted gifts, artworks, fashion and unique home wares. Some of the market stalls featured include:
- San Nizet – contemporary women’s fashion and accessories
- Secret Garden Artisanal Soaps – vegan friendly soap bars made with 100% pure virgin coconut oil, enriched with essential oils and fragrances
- Antler and Moss – ceramics designed and handcrafted in Australia, inspired by edgy antler strength x soft delicate moss
- A Ceramics – beautifully crafted, high-fire stoneware pieces for everyday use, inspired by the earth, the environment and the seasons
- Earth Fibre – eco dyed products
- Create Estate – coastal inspired homewares and custom made bedheads made locally by a team of creatives
- Lumen + Luxe – concrete vessels, 100% natural candles + melts, ambience room sprays, pillow mist and room diffusers
- Alcie May – exclusive swimwear and activewear designs
- Ari Adams Art – artworks, specialising in human and animal portraiture
- Grey & Bird – original designs & artworks, small functional furniture and display pieces handmade from reclaimed materials
- Brenda Stevens Paintings – paintings
- Silksnbeads - suncatchers
- Anise Designs – zipped handmade pouches made with designer fabrics
- Peg and Rainy Precious Heirlooms – artwork transformed into vintage prints and books
- This and That Styling – cushions, bags and lamp shades
- Scrapbooking - bits and pieces for scrapbooking
- Books Galore
- Squid and Blanket Designs
- Aaron Micallef - Glass
- Hunter & Collector - sculpture
- Silksnbeads - crystal sun catchers
- Miss Bindy Beach - apparel and clothing
Barley Sugar Bonanza
Join in the fun of sideshow alley games and activities at the festival.
Your loyalty pass for seven activities can be redeemed at any of the following in the Barley Sugar Garden;
- a turn at sideshow alley (3 attempts)
- 1 x lucky dip
- make a bracelet
- face painting/ coloured hair spray
- decorate a Vanilla Pod Cupcake
- a turn at Golf Central putt putt.
Barley Sugar Bonanza passes will be available for purchase on the day for $35 but you can jump the queue and save by pre purchasing through Flexischools for $30.
More information here. (PDF 2.3MB)
Buy your pass here.
Carnival Ride Tickets
$30 Earlybird/ unlimited ride pass ($35 If purchased on the day)
$6 Individual ride tickets
To purchase your earlybird ride pass via Flexischools click on the "register" button below.